Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Goblin Market Project

I made a Goblin Market inspired sewing pouch!

It is very Victorina and the fabric is decorated with various types of berries: blackberries, cherries, blueberries. It has a small pincushion in the center and eight pockets for thread and various sewing items. I even crocheted a doiley for the center of it using some sport weight wool that I had in my stash. I am new to crochet and found it quite fun.

It is a celebration of feminity and fruit. Fruit really isn't that threatening after all!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

The sewing pouch looks great!
Did you make up the pattern or just wing it? Congratulations on the crocheted center. It looks fabulous!
Ann

12:25 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I had a McCalls pattern that I used. It was really basic though.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home