Saturday, April 08, 2006

My Project

At first I thought I would make a mesh bag to carry fruit in. But as I re-read, and re-read, and read the poem again, I am not sure that that's the project calling to me to be made. (I'll wait until the open discussion period to explain my thoughts as to why I don't think a mesh bag is right for me to make as my project.)

I am not sure what I will make. I just know that for me, atleast the way I am thinking/feeling at the moment, something evoking protection and/or rescue is called for.


UPDATED monday 04-10-06

I know what I'd like to make, it came to me at the Super Walmart this morning, I am just not real sure that I'll be able to or not. But here's the idea anyway.....a bread cloth with counted cross stitch fruits in the corners. The fruit conection should be obvious, but why a bread cloth? Well:"... Kneaded cakes of whitest wheat, Cakes for dainty mouths to eat..."

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

I can't wait to see what you make. I am working on a bag now. I am trying to incorporate fruit into the design somehow.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

That sounds like a great idea!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I agree--a great idea!

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home